- After placing an order, you will receive a call within 3 business days to schedule your shed installation
- Lead times are typically 2-4 weeks depending on seasonality
2. Prepare for shed installation day
While we are prepared to do most of the work, we do ask for a few things to be completed prior to arrival.
- Our sheds are installed on-site. Fences are not a problem as long as you have a 3′ gate with clear access to the build site
- We require at least 3′ of clearance around and above the building site (4′ if your building is larger than 160 sq. ft.)
- We will also need access to electricity within 150′ of the unit.
- Build site should be within 6″ of level
3. Day of Delivery & Installation
- You’ll receive a phone call the morning of the scheduled installation and delivery date
- An installer will review the work order before installation begins
4. Review Completed Shed
- Most sheds can be installed in one day
- Your installer will review the completed shed with you before departing. Any final questions you have can also be answered at this time
- It’s ready to make it your own
Our typical lead time is 2-4 weeks (weather permitting) from the time you place your order. Install times may vary during peak and promotional times. Our local office will contact you within 3 business days to schedule an installation date.
Visit the product page of any shed and click on the “Design and price” button. After clicking on that button, our technology will determine installation availability based on the zip code you enter in the prompt.
Delivery, on-site installation, roof felt paper, drip edge, vents, complete heavy-duty floor system and shingles. Transom windows are included on most models.
We will contact you within 72 hours after purchase to set an installation date.
Yes. Your installer will also review your order details and confirm shed placement before beginning to build your shed.
We do not offer shed removal services. Try looking for a shed hauler. Any large truck with a flatbed would also work well.
It is not necessary to be present for every phase of the construction process. We do ask that you are initially available to show your installer the proper placement of your shed and are also available upon completion to do a walk-through inspection with your installer.
We require all of our installers to maintain appropriate liability, vehicle and workman’s compensation insurance. In addition, all installers must pass a rigorous background check and complete our training program before becoming certified as a Heartland installer.
It is not a common practice to tip installers. Installers are already compensated to install your shed.
- Construction area needs to be cleared and prepared to within 6″ of level (front left, back to front).
- 3’ of clearance is required around the perimeter of most of our sheds (4’ if your shed is larger and 160 sq. ft.). Our Lean-to shed can be installed against a building or fence.
- Place four stakes in the ground where you want the corners of your shed and a fifth stake where you would like the center of the door opening.
- Access to electricity within 150 feet of the unit and unobstructed access to carry your materials to the building site.
- We will take care of the rest!
The majority of our sheds can be installed in one day. If you are purchasing a 12’ wide shed, please allow 2 to 3 days for completion.
Leveling blocks are not required in all states/counties, but be sure to check your local requirements. Our sheds are built on 4×4 pressure treated runners. We will use treated leveling materials and shingle shims to level up the floor prior to assembling the shed. If your ground is out of level greater than 6 inches, leveling blocks will be needed.
In most cases, depending on the size of the shed and the distance required, your shed can be moved. Please keep in mind that each Heartland shed is built on site and moving the shed will void your warranty. That is why we request your presence at the beginning of the construction phase, to ensure you choose the proper location of your shed the first time.
We offer a wide array of options and accessories and we can customize each shed to meet your needs. If for some reason you feel that an additional accessory or option is needed at a later date, please give us a call and we’ll be glad to quote you an installed price. Please remember, it’s always more cost effective to order all of your options during the initial purchase.
Purchase is non-refundable once installation has been completed. But, if you have an issue we will make it right.
Give us a call at 1-800-234-6167 and we can send out any replacement parts that you need or reimburse for parts purchased locally with a copy of the sales receipt that can be emailed, mailed, or faxed to our corporate office.
Our corporate office resides at 1000 Ternes Road Monroe, Michigan 48162
Warranty / Maintenance / Protection
Standard 10-year limited material warranty. A 3-year extended warranty is available for purchase.
1-year warranty on labor
Our sheds are manufactured with the upmost precision to ensure every building meets our engineering standards. Once your shed is built, be sure to caulk all remaining joints besides the critical joints caulked by your installer. Following these simple steps will prevent water from entering your shed.
Like your home, your new storage or recreational building will require occasional maintenance to insure many years of use and enjoyment. In addition to re-painting your building as needed, you must perform other maintenance.
- Keep all grass and other vegetation trimmed around the entire perimeter of the shed.
- Do not mound soil or mulch against the siding.
- Do not stack anything against the exterior of your building, such as firewood, for any period of time.
- Locking doorknobs or levers should be sprayed with silicone or other lubricant to maintain locking mechanism and prevent freezing in cold climates.
- We do not recommend insulating or heating your building.
- Do not let sprinklers spray your building.
Materials / Load Capacity
Our wood sheds are designed to last, therefore we use many of the same building materials used to construct homes:
- 40 year treated 4×4 runners
- Stud grade wall framing materials and 2×4 construction
- 7/16 OSB roof sheathing
- LP® Smartside Engineered wood siding – treated to resist insects and fungal decay
30 pounds per square foot.
52 pounds per square foot.
Yes, most of our sheds can accommodate lawn tractors. We recommend buying a ramp to aid getting your lawnmower or tractor in and out.
Width is always listed first; this is also the side that the door is located. Depth is always listed second. Example: 10’x8′ (10 feet wide by 8 feet deep.)
There is no limit on the number of windows you can add. It is up to you!
You will need to check on city ordinances before purchase. Permitting is usually determined by your township based on the size you chose. Additional charges may be required for adherence to local building codes.
You are responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. Signed and stamped drawings can be obtained from our customer service department for a small fee – 1-800-234-6167.
Yes, but we do not recommend it. We suggest that all sheds be built on concrete slabs and using solid cement blocks.
Although most of our wood floor systems are sufficient for any application, we do have the ability to construct your shed on an existing slab provided the slab is level within 1/2″ and appropriately sized. Because of the individual nature of each slab, please contact us to determine if your slab meets our specifications. Due to the additional installation labor and extra materials needed to properly secure the shed to your slab, there is no reduction in overall price.
Paint / Caulking
No. But, the exterior shed walls are factory primed and ready for paint.
Yes, paint is sold separately. Be sure to choose our professional painting service at checkout.
Sheds must be painted within 30 days of installation to maintain product warranty. All raw exterior wood must be primed using a quality exterior primer before painting. Nail holes, small knots and blemishes can be filled with exterior wood putty prior to priming. Seal all joints, seams and use an acrylic latex caulk application. All factory primed siding and trim must be painted using high quality exterior 100% acrylic-latex paint (we recommend a satin or semi-gloss finish) to protect your building. Be sure to paint all exposed edges of the siding, especially the bottom edge, and all six sides (top, bottom, two sides, front and back) of the doors.
Use an exterior porch and floor paint. If you plan on storing powered equipment inside your shed, use garage floor paint.
We recommend a premium quality, exterior 100% acrylic latex paint. This paint is easy to work with and is offered at your local hardware or paint store. Don’t forget to caulk all horizontal seams before painting for a well-protected, professionally finished result.